Thursday, May 29, 2014

Sustainable Weight Loss: Taking the Weekend Off

My secret to staying on course was simple; I took the weekend off.

I found it much easier to stick to my diet when I was working. There are several reasons for that; you stay in a (good) routine, you have more distractions from food and you don't have as much time to go out for dinner (or any other meal). However, I would allow myself a lot more Friday-Sunday.

During the weekend, we like to go out for dinner and drinks sometimes. I would try to chose the lighter meals, but with an alcoholic drink your calorie intake increases rapidly.
Warning: drink alcohol with care.
As you are eating less, most likely you have a lower alcohol tolerance.

I had an interesting the experience the first weekend as I am used to be rather tolerant to alcohol...those days are over! If you are not prepared, you will be much more drunk than intended and - more importantly - suffering the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment